The Barrington's Access Statement is below. If you have any questions please do contact us, we are always happy to help.
Our Guest House was built around 1890 and has that lovely feel to it; many
of the original features still remain. However, due to the age of the property
the layout might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We
aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our family home based 5 bedroom
guest house. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you
have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will
endeavour to help.
LOCATION, TRANSPORT AND ARRIVAL
Our guest house is located on Wilton Road, a side street from St Leonards
Road. There is free parking on the public road in front of our house. The
road is level and a pavement runs in front of the house. Parking is free but
restricted to two hours from Mon-Sat 8 am – 6 pm. Un-restricted free
parking is available nearby, in Jameson Road or Cantelupe Road, one
minutes walk from the property.
- The bus stop is just around the corner next to the station in Endwell Road,
less than one minute walk from our property on a level surface.
- Bexhill train station is a 2 minute walk on a level surface.
- There is a local taxi service available with wheelchair access.
- The seafront is one minute walk and can be accessed by wheelchair. The
promenade is flat and wide and is 2 miles long.
- The town centre is also a one minute walk on a level pavement.
- Help with your luggage is always available.
GENERAL BUILDING INFORMATION
- The main entrance is accessed along a short flat path and 3 steps to the
porch, leading to the Entrance door
- The reception area has a seat available.
- There is a bell in the reception area when assistance is required. This is
available 24 hours a day, after 10 pm in case of emergencies only.
- There is no cloakroom available on the ground floor.
- The breakfast room is spacious and situated on the ground floor.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved upon request.
- Menus are available in large print upon request.
- The stairs to the first and second floor are wide and provided with a
- We have no lift available.
- All corridors are well lit with energy saving lighting.
- Accommodation is on the first and second floor. There is no ground floor
- The flooring in the house is a mixture of short pile carpet and hard
GENERAL BUILDING INFORMATION (CONTINUED)
- All our guest rooms are on the first and second floors. Due to the
constraints of this Victorian building we are unfortunately unable to
provide wheelchair access to these rooms. We sincerely apologies for not
being able to offer this facility.
- We have 5 bedrooms in total. 3 On the first floor and 2 on the second
- All our bedrooms are spacious.
- Beds can be accessed from both sides.
- Bedside table and lamps with all beds.
- All bedrooms have hard flooring
- All our bedrooms have lined curtains and roller blinds
- We endevour to use as little waste plastic as possible, we have refillable shower gel containers and handwash, and are parabin free.
- We try to maintain an environmental awareness, by laundering our linen on site. Using as environmentally friendly produces as possible.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good
- We are able to use the front and back doors in the need of evacuation; the
fire alarm rings continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require more
assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you
are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
- We are a no smoking building.
14 Wilton Road
HOURS OF OPERATION
Open all year. Hours flexible to business, the Guest House is our home so
occupied 24 hours in general. Mainline telephone answered 8am-10pm.
Although we have tried to be as accurate and include as much detail as we
can in our Access Statement, we are always more then happy to give
information on any aspect of the guest house if this statement does not
answer your particular query.
Our guests love us, but don't just take our word for it! Here are some of our guest reviews.
"Really friendly and welcoming B&B in a good central location in Bexhill. Room clean and comfortable and a very good breakfast with lovely home made bread. No hesitation in recommending this B&B."
"I stayed for one night on a flying visit. Great on all counts; hosting, room, breakfast, price. If you favour a B&B over a hotel, then The Barrington should be on your short list. Would certainly stay again."
"The room we had was very nice and clean and good value for money. The hotel is in an ideal location just minutes from the beach and easy walking distance from the rail station. There are also a number of nice places to eat nearby..."
PETER M, TONBRIDGE